Glimpse

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ketchup (hehehe so punny!)

Once again, I am slacking on my posts and am trying to redeem myself!  Better late then never, right?!

Tuesday of Last Week- My roommates and I went to Olive Garden for delicious food!  It was great to get out of the dorm and eat REAL food for once!  Plus, the food was served to you without you having to lift a finger to prepare it :) I call that a success story right there!  It is a good day when your tummy is full :).

Wednesday of Last Week- There was free ice skating for a ward activity but none of my roommates were up to going.  I wasn't feeling good, and found out why later that night!  Jessie and I took our mattresses off our beds and put them together on the floor, set the laptop on our desk, and had our own movie night with delicious Moose Tracks ice cream!  It was wonderful :)  We totally wish we would have thought of it sooner!  I reheated the seafood Alfredo I got at Olive Garden the night before.  It was very good, but a little after eating it I started itching.  And then the strangest thing happened -the place from my eyelids to my eyebrows started to swell up!  No joke, I have witnesses!  It was all red and puffy and very itchy!  It was the strangest allergic reaction ever!  I got Benadryll (sadly not in liquid form with a sippy straw like in the movie Hitch hehe) but the swelling went down which was very good :)  What a day!

Friday of Last Week-  I headed home to be with my sister which was actually tons of fun!  We have grown A LOT closer since I have been away at college which is so nice.  She is the greatest!  I love her so much!  I saw a slide show presentation she was putting together and on one of the slides she has her hero- and her hero is me!  Me of all people!  I felt so good and almost cried!  I slept in my nice big bed, which was very inviting after sleeping on the prison-like college beds ;).

Saturday of Last Week-  The next morning I woke up early with my sister to get ready, eat breakfast, and take her to her first federation!  As anyone would be she was very nervous, but having gone through many federations and performances myself I tried to give her as many tips as possible that helped me.  It was chaotic finding parking, but finally we arrived (and early I must add :) ).  I have never been so proud of my sister - for her first federation she got a superior!  Her tone was amazing and she looked like a little pro up there!  I am so glad I got to go home to be with her and to have that time with my amazingly fantastic sis.  Life is good!

Sunday of Last Week-  Morning came very early the next day.  I had to wake up at 6:30 to load my suburban (the beast) with my stuff to head back to Logan.  I was in charge of conducting, so I had to be back by 8:45 at the latest to help set up and prepare the room.  It was a nice drive: very peaceful in the morning.  Conducting went smoothly and things went really well.  The Linger Longer after church was scrumptious and a lot of fun!  Free food and socializing is always enjoyable :).
Later that day, we had a Joseph Smith fireside (which was actually a musical).  I sat by Ben who was kind enough to allow me to sit by him- "Because nobody sits alone!"  I had fun at the event and enjoyed Ben's company!

That's it for now, but I will be blogging again very soon!  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment